Monday, April 6, 2009

You are how you are pt 2

In my previous post I made the comment that writers are not made they are born and that people can't just become writers if they do not have the drive/need to write. In retrospect, and after reading a few very good articles on the topic, I've decided to amend this comment.
Anyone can learn to write. Anyone who can read a book can master the technical skills necessary to create a readable story, article, or whatever. However, it is the need to write and the ability to become emotionally involved with what you are writing, by putting a bit of yourself into it that truly makes a good writer. I've read numerous stories that honestly weren't technically correct, and I've likely written more than my share, but I still enjoyed them because the writer cared about what they wrote, they were a part of the story. That, at least to me, is the essence of a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment